Like I mentioned yesterday, I didn’t realize I missed out on the first three alphabets on the A-Z series. So I decided to use this beans sauté for the letter B. The recipe is from Pavani’s cookbook The Essential Vegetarian Indian Cookbook. I have tried this recipe and a few more and everything turned out to be really delicious.
I prepared a meal out of the book, so this beans was served with rice, roti, a tomato dal and an egg curry.
Read on for the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 kg/ 1 lb green beans, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt as needed
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard and cumin seeds. Add the onion once the seeds splutter. Sauté until the onions turn brown.
- Add the beans and the dry spices, water and salt as needed. Mix well. Cover and cook until beans are done and the water is evaporated. Mix in between to prevent any burning.
- Remove from heat and serve with a sprinkling of chopped coriander leaves on top.
One thought on “Beans Sauté”