Blogging Marathon #139 Week 3, Day 3
Theme : Easy breakfast recipes
I wanted to make a big breakfast platter with a lot of fruits, yogurt and French toast, all of which is easy to assemble and prepare. I ran out of bread, so ended up making pancakes instead. I also ran out of berries, those would have been a colorful addition to any breakfast board!
The pancakes here are gingerbread flavor. I have been using this base recipe for a longtime now. I added some cinnamon powder and dried ground ginger to the base recipe to get the gingerbread flavor. It’s a good combination for fall/winter. For regular pancakes, you can skip these two and add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the liquid mixture.
I used the same batter to make some waffles too, this was just to speed up the process. Faster cooking time is important when you have to feed a hungry teenager 😊!
To assemble the board, arrange the pancakes (and waffles) first. Add the syrup in small ramekins/bowls and keep on the sides. Arrange fruits of your choice to fill the rest of the board. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 cup all purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar/molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil/ melted butter
- Butter/oil to grease the pan
*Can substitute whole wheat flour in whatever proportion you like to make up 1 cup flour in total.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the milk and buttermilk. Heat for 15-20 seconds till it’s lukewarm. Add the egg and oil. Mix well.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk until it’s all smooth and combined.
- Heat and grease a pan. Make pancakes with the batter. Serve with maple syrup and fruits of your choice.
One thought on “Pancake Platter”
This is an inviting platter! Simple and tasty options that my kids would love.