Blogging Marathon #139 Week 4, Day 1
Theme : Diwali Sweets
First of all, happy Diwali to all those who celebrate!! It’s a coincidence to blog about Diwali sweets on the day of Diwali. But I am glad I chose this theme for this week, if it was earlier I am sure there wouldn’t be left with the distribute to our friends.
The recipe for first day is dates and nut slices, which is an incredibly easy recipe to prepare. All that you need to do is pressure cook chopped dates with a spoon of ghee for 5 minutes. I used instant pot, but it can be made in stovetop or regular cooker as well. Once you remove it from the cooker, mash it and add chopped nuts. Make a roll and wrap with a parchment paper or silicone mat and refrigerate. Slice into even pieces and that’s all is there to it! The recipe I followed is by Ashley of My Heart beets. Check out her place for very detailed steps.
My son loves dates and I always have a pack ready for snacking. I used it to make this. With just one spoon of ghee, this is a guilt free treat too! It looks very impressive also with the nuts in there. Perfect edible gift for festivals or when visiting someone.
- 1/2kg/1 lb seeded dates , chopped
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup each pistachio, almonds, cashews
- Add chopped dates and ghee in a pot and pressure cook in Instant Pot using pot in pot method for 5 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Carefully remove the cooked dates, mash it with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add ground cardamom and chopped nuts. Mix it in carefully.
- Place the dates mix into a silicone mat or parchment paper. Carefully shape the dates into a roll and wrap the roll tightly using the silicone mat or parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into even slices and serve!