Blogging Marathon #139 Week 3, Day 1
Theme : Easy breakfast recipes
Avocodo toast is one of our regular breakfast/lunchbox recipes. I prepare it in a few different ways. Depending on the mood and the time available, I use sliced avocados or avocados mashed with a little salt and pepper or make a guacamole to use as a spread. Sometimes I make the sandwich with cheese, sometimes with scrambled or fried eggs, sometimes with both eggs and cheese and even as an open sandwich with plain mashed or sliced avocado seasoned with salt and pepper. So many ways to make this healthy and quick sandwiches!
The problem with these everyday recipes is that you never seem to give them their due diligence. Mainly because it’s too easy and not exactly glamorous. I have never taken a picture of this sandwich before. I took this picture for the TikTok famous quesadillas wrap and not the sandwich. It was a few quick clicks before our brunch that day, not a planned photo session. I will definitely be updating the pictures soon but until then I am going to use this old one.
Read on for the recipe.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocados/guacamole
- 1 slice of cheese
- Salt, pepper, lemon juice as needed
- Season the mashed avocados with salt, pepper and a little lemon juice. If you are using guacamole, skip this step.
- Spread the avocado/guacamole mix to the bread. Add a slice of cheese and cover with the second bread.
- Toast on a pan or panini maker until the bread brown a bit. Serve!
One thought on “Avocado cheese toast”
This is a wonderful breakfast. This kind of breakfast is loved in our home.