BM #105: Week 3, Day 3
Theme : Pasta Salads
The recipe here is from Pioneer woman’s blog, but Pavani was the one who suggested it to me. That was at least a couple of years back. She had prepared it for one of the meets and I got the recipe from her later. I had made it many times when I initially got the recipe, but soon forgot about it. This week’s theme again reminded me about this wonderful salad and so here it is, finally!
The quantity of pasta here is quite a lot. I usually prepare the tomato paste and use it with a small quantity of pasta and olives as needed. The paste has a good shelf life but for me, it gets over very fast. I also skipped the cheese since I didn’t have any that day. I packed this for my son’s lunch couple of times last week. He really loves this!
Read on for the recipe.
- One 7oz jar of sundried tomatoes in oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Olive oil, if needed
- 16 oz packet of pasta
- 1 small jar of pitted olives, drained and chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Few basil leaves, optional
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a food processor, add the tomatoes with the oil, garlic cloves, vinegar and salt and pepper. Blend until you have a paste like mix. You can add more olive oil if there’s a need. I didn’t have to add any. Keep aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Let it cool. Add chopped olives, tomatoes and 3/4 of the tomato paste. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste. Add few shredded basil leaves and cheese at the time of serving.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this Week