BM #105: Week 4, Day 2
Theme : Pasta Salads
This is yet another recipe from my bookmarks, this again is from Pavani’s space. She had made this salad for one of the meets and I had gotten the recipe from her. I made the dressing from her space, but not the vegetables. My son is not a fan of pepper or onions, so I ended up adding corn and tomatoes.
The recipe is a summer salad that’s served chilled. That makes it a good choice for lunch boxes as my son can’t heat his lunch. The weather here is not so cold that we can’t have these kind of salads now and then.
Read on for the recipe.
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
- 8 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup thawed corn
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain. Set aside to let it cool.
- In a small bowl, mix everything for the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- To a mixing bowl, add the pasta, drained black beans, chopped tomatoes, corn and then mix in the dressing. Taste test and adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this Week
5 thoughts on “Black Bean Pasta Salad”
Love the dressing, Rajani. Would love to make it soon.
I so badly wanted to make the pasta salad dishes, at least I have some handful of these to try it out..very nicely done Rajani..
That’s a wholesome pasta bowl with creamy dressing. Looks delicious.
Mayo adds magic to salads for sure. My son also likes a similar salad from Safeway salad bar and when I was trying to decrypt it, I learned its the mayo that does the magic. I usually add a bit of sugar but will try maple syrup. Great share.
That is a great one pot meal with the black beans. Love that creamy dressing. It has been a while I made this – will have to make it some time.