This is yet another recipe from my bookmarks, this again is from Pavani’s space. She had made this salad for one of the meets and I had gotten the recipe from her. I made the dressing from her space, but not the vegetables. My son is not a fan of pepper or onions, so I ended up adding corn and tomatoes.
The recipe is a summer salad that’s served chilled. That makes it a good choice for lunch boxes as my son can’t heat his lunch. The weather here is not so cold that we can’t have these kind of salads now and then.
Read on for the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
- 8 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup thawed corn
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain. Set aside to let it cool.
- In a small bowl, mix everything for the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- To a mixing bowl, add the pasta, drained black beans, chopped tomatoes, corn and then mix in the dressing. Taste test and adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve.