It’s almost funny that I am posting this recipe. This is a proper summer pasta salad and it’s a cold, cold day here in Jersey today. The weather was good yesterday and so I thought a salad with fall colors would be great. I wasn’t expecting the temperature to drop so much today.
Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Even though it’s cold outside, these salads still taste good. When you are having it for lunch, it’s at room temperature and not very cold. My son likes it that way. There is always fruit in his lunchbox, it’s almost always apples and grapes as it stays without getting crushed. Sometimes I add berries in too, but I don’t overcrowd it.
Read on for the recipe.
- 2.5 cups cooked pasta
- 2 cups diced vegetables– I used cherry tomatoes, orange pepper, zucchini, corn, sliced olives
- 2 tablespoonsmayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried red chili flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix mayo and ranch dressing with salt, red chili flakes and pepper. I use a lot of pepper in pasta salads.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the chopped vegetables and the cold pasta.
- Mix the dressing, taste test and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve cold.