Blogging has introduced many new dishes in our dining table. It has made me open to trying a lot of vegetables too, which I have never tried before. I have never made anything with Ridge gourd before, until I saw this post from Valli.
But ever since the vegetable caught my attention, its in the monthly menu regularly. Why, its even there in my brother’s shopping list now.
So thanks to blogging and thanks to all the bloggers there, who make cooking really interesting!
- Ridge gourd : 1 small
- Garlic : 3-4 pods
- Red chilies : 3-4, per taste
- Urad dal : 1 tbsp
- Bengal Gram dal : 1 tbsp
- Wash the ridge gourd and peel only the sharp edges of ridge gourd. Don’t skin them completely.
- Discard the sharp edges and chop the ridge gourd into 1″ pieces.
- Heat one tsp oil in a kadai, add all the ingredients except ridge gourd. Saute for a minute or two until the dals are browned a little. Move it to a mixer jar.
- In the same kadai, add the ridge gourd pieces. Cover and cook for about five minutes or until ridge gourd is cooked. When ridge gourd is cooked completely, take off the heat and let it cool.
- Grind the dal mix first in the blender and then add the cooked ridge gourd. Grind again until you get a thick semi coarse chutney.
- Serve with rice.
- Blogging Marathon #15, Cooking by Alphabets. ‘R’ for Day 2.