We moved again. This time to an apartment close to my husband’s office. So another school change for the kid. The good thing is that there is only two more weeks to go before the summer vacation starts. The bad thing is that he has been to three schools for his 3rd grade! First in India, then in our previous place in US and now, the current one…talk about being a global student!!
I do feel bad about pushing so many changes into his life, but then you gotta go where life takes you. And wherever we go, the kid has to follow us. The earlier we accept that, the easier it is. He is getting around that, but yet the pining for home and his friends hasn’t gone yet.
It’s a guilt laden life at the moment. No wonder, I wanted to go guilt free in the food department at least!
Coming to the recipe here, this is a recipe that I had seen in Vaishali’s place long ago. Its simple, fun and totally guilt free. Perfect indulgence for summer.
- Sprite/lemonade/white grape juice, as needed (I used about 2 tbsp per mold)
- Choice of fruits – chopped, as needed ( I used kiwi, strawberry and mango)
- Slice the fruits. Fill the ice pop mold with the sliced fruits.
- You can add as many or as little fruits as you want. The more fruits you have in, the more packed it is and the better it looks. I was short on fruits, so I put only 5-6 pieces in each.
- Fill the mold with the liquid of your choice. Any see-through liquid is fine. Freeze overnight. Done!