Blogging Marathon #120 Week 4, Day 2
Theme : Middle East Recipes
For Day 2, I have tabbouleh which is a parsley and mint based salad. This is usually prepared with bulgur, but here I have made it with cauliflower rice. You can use fresh cauliflower and pulse it in the food processor to make cauliflower rice. But here I was trying to use up some of the readymade frozen cauliflower rice I already had. The packet included some veggies like corn and peas, so my tabbouleh had a few extra veggies that you wont find in any authentic recipe. To be honest, the cauliflower rice version itself is not authentic – but sometimes we have to make modifications to suit what’s in our pantry/fridge than to make a trip specifically for one product.
I have made this a few times during summers, but never during winter. I prefer hot or warm food for dinner, so never reach out for cold food. Anyway, here it is beginning to warm up a little and this cold salad is okay for me to serve. This winter was extremely cold and the world witnessed some real unexpected weather changes last month. I hope this year was an aberration and that we don’t see stuff like that anymore!
Read on for the recipe.
- 1/3 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- a handful of chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 big tomato, finely chopped
- lemon juice to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- The recipe makes one serving. I used frozen cauliflower rice here, so I cooked it in a pan for a couple of minutes until it was done.
- Add the cauliflower rice to a bowl, top with the chopped parsley, minced garlic clove, mint leaves, chopped tomatoes. Add lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix carefully.
- Drizzle olive oil and toss everything and serve.