Blogging Marathon #120 Week 4, Day 3
Theme : Middle East Recipes
Today’s recipe is oven roasted potatoes, prepared with the Middle Eastern spice Za’atar. This is an oil free version as I was trying out a crisper tray which a friend of mine gifted me. The potatoes came out good and my family didn’t realize that its an oil free version. My son snacked on these potatoes and my husband had it as a side dish to rice.
The weather here is warming up a little and I was able to step out and click these pictures. Our house is North facing, so there is indirect light through out the day. I still haven’t figured out a good indoor spot to take pictures. I am more comfortable stepping outside to take pictures on our patio, but during winter that is hard.
Read on for the recipe.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- 1 tablespoon Za’atar
- Salt as needed
- Preheat the oven to 420 F.
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes. Wash it again until the water runs clean and not cloudy anymore.
- Add the potatoes in a bowl, gently mix in the olive oil (if using), za’atar and salt until the potatoes are evenly coated. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are golden and done.
- Since I used the crisper tray for baking, I skipped the oil.