BM #112 : Week 2, Day 3
Theme : Summer Coolers
Smoothies and smoothie bowls are my son’s favorite dinner during summertime. It’s not summer yet here, but the weather is a lot warmer than before. So smoothies are back in our diet.
I started off with a peanut butter smoothie, then I remembered that I had some spinach to be used up so included that as well. The addition of peanut butter makes smoothies a lot more filling. Usually I add jam when making peanut butter smoothie, but here the sweetener is honey.
The vibrant green color of this smoothie is pleasing to the eye, I add avocados too to this smoothie if I have it. The toppings can be anything of your choice. I didn’t have any fresh fruits left, so I used a bunch of dry fruits and nuts.
Read on for the recipe.
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk/soy milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or per taste
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- Toppings of your choice – I used a mix of chocolate chips, cashews, chopped apricots, raisins and granola
- In a blender, add everything except the spinach and blend well. Once it’s smooth, add the spinach and blend again until everything is combined well.
- Pour into a tall glass or a bowl. If it’s a smoothie bowl, add toppings of your choice. I used what I had. Its a mix of chocolate chips, cashews, chopped apricots, raisins and granola.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this Week
Sending this post to Srivalli’s Kids delight event , hosted by Usha this month. The theme is Kid friendly Summer Coolers.
4 thoughts on “Spinach peanut butter smoothie bowl”
The vibrant looking bowl has my name written all over it. Using peanut butter is such a brilliant idea.
Wow, such a healthy smoothie bowl.Good to know that your son loves this. Good one
Wow your son loves this? That’s totally wonderful! the bowl surely looks so inviting and so healthy too!
It looks so vibrant..Must be really delicious!!