BM #112 : Week 2, Day 3
Theme : Summer Coolers
Smoothies and smoothie bowls are my son’s favorite dinner during summertime. It’s not summer yet here, but the weather is a lot warmer than before. So smoothies are back in our diet.
I started off with a peanut butter smoothie, then I remembered that I had some spinach to be used up so included that as well. The addition of peanut butter makes smoothies a lot more filling. Usually I add jam when making peanut butter smoothie, but here the sweetener is honey.
The vibrant green color of this smoothie is pleasing to the eye, I add avocados too to this smoothie if I have it. The toppings can be anything of your choice. I didn’t have any fresh fruits left, so I used a bunch of dry fruits and nuts.
Read on for the recipe.
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk/soy milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or per taste
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- Toppings of your choice – I used a mix of chocolate chips, cashews, chopped apricots, raisins and granola
- In a blender, add everything except the spinach and blend well. Once it’s smooth, add the spinach and blend again until everything is combined well.
- Pour into a tall glass or a bowl. If it’s a smoothie bowl, add toppings of your choice. I used what I had. Its a mix of chocolate chips, cashews, chopped apricots, raisins and granola.