Baking makes me happy (not always though, but most of the time). Unfortunately, it makes me sweaty too. So summer is not a time I switch on the oven.
I feel that the Christmas time is perfect for baking. Its cooler that time and though we don’t celebrate Christmas, you can’t help feeling the holiday spirit.
Every blog features Christmas special recipes and before you know, you are making the cake (as if we needed a reason!) and trying a dozen other recipes. And this is one such recipe I came across.
Don’t limit these muffins for Christmas alone. Make these anytime when you need a break from the traditional breakfast. In fact, make these for dinner and carry over to the next morning.
Eating these will make you happy, even if baking doesn’t :-)!
This recipe if off for the 30 day marathon by Valli. Check out the blogging marathon page for more details and more participants and a whole lot of recipes!
Recipe Adapted from : Vegalicious Recipes
Makes : 15 regular or 8-9 big muffins
- All purpose flour : 2 cups
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Baking Powder : 1.5 tsp
- Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Oil : 1/3 cup
- Egg : 1
- Milk : 3/4 cup (Can substitute orange juice)
- Dried Cranberries : 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Chocolate chips : 1/2 cup
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together with milk and oil. Fold this into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add the cranberries and chocolate chips, but don’t over mix.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners and add the batter till 3/4th full in the liners. Sprinkle the remaining one tbsp of cranberries on top of the muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180C or till a wooden skewer comes free of crumbs when inserted into the center of the muffins.
- For the glaze, I mixed 1/2 cup powdered sugar with a tablespoon or two of water, until you get a thick glaze. I poured a tsp or two over the muffins.
- I made 12 regular and 2 big muffins. The ones featured here were baked in ramekins.
- I over mixed the batter :D and ended up with smooth muffins.
Linking this recipe to Swathi’s Favorite Recipes hosted this month by Pallavi. The theme is Bookmarked Recipes.
16 thoughts on “Cranberry Muffins – Christmas Morning Muffins”
Yummy.. wat a visual treat! The other day I bought KDD Harvest’s new cranberry juice for my kids and since then they have been crazy about this juice.. I was looking for some nice recipe to make with cranberries since they loved it so much.. Where can I find dried ones? I think I have seen fresh ones in the store.. not too sure about dried cranberries..
If you are abroad, dried cranberries aren’t that difficult to find. In india, you can get it in nuts n spices/ brown tree showrooms..but those are really expensive! You can use fresh ones for the muffins.
They look pretty with those cranberries and icing.
muffins look super tempting and so moist and spongy!!! very nicely done..
Event – Celebrate – Summer
Event – Bake Fest
Love those big muffins, love the glaze part in muffins.
Muffins looks great and I really don;t mind having them fro dinner and carrying them over for the breakfast if someone is going to bake these for me :)
cute looking muffins,looks yummy and the first click is amazing…
Perfect muffins and good clicks….
Those berries are doing a peek-a-boo from the muffins. Stunners
Looks very festive!
Those muffins look too good. Love the shiny tops and they look super moist and delicious.
Rajani, these ramekin muffins are really very cute. I’ll try and buy them sometime, the ramekins I mean. For the muffins, I hope you’ll bake these for me (with the glaze) next time we meet :D
Ah your muffins are so cute rajani, wish I could see the muffin tray, it kind of looks so pretty!..I like how all of them have the same rise and look..very nicely done!
Pretty attractive muffins, even am ready now to start my day with these cuties..
Love these beauties. Cranberries are something I do not buy as they are expensive here. But now I want to buy them and bake them. lovely post.
Wow..must say lot of baking happening at your blog.and I love those little red cranberry dots and that mild glaze