Kiddo had a test for allergy and he was asked to come into the lab after 48 hours of giving a shot. It took me an hour and a half of travel, one way, to get to the lab and another 1.5 hours to come back home. And at the lab, all they did was to look into his hand and say that he was fine.
Three hours of travel for a two minute job.
Yet I am not complaining. I am too tired for even that!
All I want now is to sit, relax and have a cup of hot chocolate. It is made more tastier by the fact that it is homemade. Completely.
Recipe Source: One Good thing by Jillee
- Cocoa Powder : 3/4 cup
- Sugar : 1 1/2 cups
- Water : 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract : 1 tsp
- Salt : a pinch
- Mix the cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a thick bottomed pan. Whisk.
- Add water and mix with a rubber spatula so that there are no dry lumps.
- Heat this and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. When it boils, reduce the heat and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Cool and refrigerate. Drizzle over ice creams, make milkshakes or hot chocolate.
Note: Before storing in a bottle, I filtered the syrup using a tea strainer to remove the dregs from cocoa. Else, you can filter when you are making your hot cocoa or milkshake.
- Blogging Marathon 19, under the theme ‘Chocolate’
- Kid’s Delight : Chocolate
11 thoughts on “Chocolate Syrup”
loving the clicks!!..and the syrup..wow..just botle it up and send it across:))..and thanks dear for linking it to the event.
Awesome syrup recipe
Homemade Chocolate Syrup is also on my to-make list.. Yours looks delicious. Lovely clicks.
At least the long journey was worth-you lil one is ok na… Syrup looks so perfect.Bookmarked.
that is such a nice one!!! perfect syrup…
So sad to hear about your long travel..but he is fine…guess that really makes up for the distance and the chocolate treat after that right..
Umm, yummy Syrup. I hope you weren’t pouring it on the flour for that shot..
Yummy syrup.. I use it for most of the chocolate dishes to drizzle on top..
Irresistible! mindblowing clicks Rajani.