‘Yes and No’ means ‘First I will and then I won’t’.
Says my son when I question him why his lunch box is coming back as such. Nothing is eaten from it, not even the fruit pieces. The lunch box is returned to me in the evening with a matching foul mood to accompany it.
I have learnt that in the evenings, a warm early dinner is more welcome than a lecture on not to waste food. I feed him his dinner first, almost as soon as he returns from school.
And the lecture…that I serve later!
I made the dough for rotis (for about 6 rotis). While it was resting I made the capsicum curry. The curry was done in less than 15 minutes. I made the rotis and the entire meal was done within 30 minutes.
Recipe Source: UK-Rasoi
Serves : 3
- Capsicum : 3 big
- Gram Flour/Besan : 5-6 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder : 1-2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Half of a lemon or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Clean and dice the capsicum into 1″ squares.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil. Add the capsicum pieces and cook for about 4-5 minutes. I prefer the peppers cooked than crunchy, so I cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peppers change color.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and chili powder. Mix well.
- Add the besan and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes, mixing frequently to avoid burning.
- Once the gram flour changes color and is cooked completely, take off the heat.
- Add the lemon juice and mix for the flavors to blend.
- Serve with chapati or rice.
- Blogging Marathon 19, under 30 minute meals
- 30 Minute Mela
8 thoughts on “Quick Capsicum Curry”
nice and easy..the lunch box coming home as is is a problem almost for every mom I know :) No hard and fast rule to overcome it..sigh!!!
easy and simple…I love it!
Nice and quick curry….Looks great
I can understand your thoughts on the lecture part..sometimes mine happens over the phone too…my kids end up asking for the same stuff if the food should not be returned back. Whether they get bored or not, I get bored cooking the same!..very lovely pictures Rajani..I love such quick subjis..
ONGOING EVENT- “JASHN-E-AZAADI”
Preeti’s Kitchen Life
Preeti’s Kitchen Menu
nice combo…and bet the cooking time must be shorter than the lecture time:))..wat say?
Delicious combo — soft rotis with yummy capsicum subji. I wish someone can feed these to me, without the lecture afterwards though :-)