Blogging Marathon #136 Week 4, Day 1
Theme : Savory One pot meal
I have a few Instant Pot recipe books that I use regularly and this recipe is adapted from one of those. You can find the original recipe here in this site too. The original recipe is for eggplant Parmesan pasta. I don’t add the cheese or bake with the breadcrumbs, I just stop when the pasta is cooked along with eggplants. Since the eggplants (the big ones) are peeled and chopped, you really won’t find the pieces in the final dish.
I prepare this recipe now and then and decided to click a picture too this time. Came useful for this week’s theme of savory one pot meals 😊.
Instant pot meals are huge time savors are I love the simplicity of the whole thing. The only thing to remember is that you cannot decrease or adjust the heat in Sauté mode in Instant Pot, so the veggies and spices need to be prepped before starting the recipe. Once you are done with that, all you need to do is put everything inside and let the cooker take care of the meal.
Read on for the recipe.
- 4 cups eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 cups pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil/butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs of your choice
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cups pasta
- Salt as needed
- Add everything to the inner pot of instant pot in the order given until the pasta. Mix well, add pasta and salt as needed.
- Cover the lid and pressure cook for 7 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Add 1 cup of mozzarella balls once the pressure releases, if preferred. Serve in bowls and enjoy!