Blogging Marathon #136 Week 3, Day 2
Theme : Brighten your Breakfast
I have a couple of granola recipes here on the blog, I have made more but never got around blogging it. But it’s been a long long time since I prepared granola. I always feel lazy to turn on the oven to make a cup or two of granola. I would rather buy it from the store instead! More importantly, I am the only one who loves this, so I guess it just took a backseat over the years.
I tried this stovetop recipe from Taste of Home and it’s so much more easier than using the oven. I halved the recipe since I wanted only a small batch. This recipe uses quick oats which I what I had in my pantry.
I love adding granola to plain yogurt for crunchiness, I also like to eat it with plain milk. You can always top it with fruits but for most part, I like to eat the fruits separately.
Read on for the recipe.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats or rolling oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup mix of dried fruits and nuts of your choice
- Heat a pan and toast the oats until it’s golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the brown sugar, honey and butter and keep stirring until the mix is bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the dried fruits, nuts and oats. Mix well until it’s all well combined. Store in an airtight container after it’s cooled down.
2 thoughts on “Stovetop Granola”
Love this stove top version! I always do in the oven and this seems to be quick with perfect flavors. I need to try this.
Believe me, I was planning to post my version of the stovetop granola, before deciding to stick to all toasts. Hehe… But this is such a simple and quick fix version, love it…