Blogging Marathon #123 Week 3, Day 1
Theme : One ingredient, three dishes
For this weeks theme, I have chosen potatoes as the ingredient. The first dish is baby potatoes prepared using air fryer. I was gifted the Instant Pot air fryer lid recently and I am using it almost exclusively to make these potatoes. My son loves this and so I make it once a week and serve it with yoghurt rice for him.
I saw some recipes where the potatoes are cooked separately and then air fried later. I wanted it done in one step so that’s why there is a much longer cooking time here. Of course this recipe can be prepared on stovetop too, but instant pot means it’s an easy hands off method. Once the lid is closed, there is no need to keep checking on it until done. You might want to stir it once halfway through but I have skipped that too with no big difference at the end.
The masalas here can be easily changed to suit your preference. I have gone with the regular combo of chili powder and coriander powder, but just salt and pepper would work too. Sambar powder, curry powder or rasam powder would all work here.
Read on to see the recipe.
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- Wash the potatoes and then cut it into halves. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the oil and then the masala powders along with salt. Mix with a spoon to evenly distribute. Add this to the potatoes and mix well to combine. I use my hands to mix it.
- Transfer the potatoes to the air fryer basket and keep it inside the inner pot of your instant pot. Keep the air fryer lid and set it to 30 minutes at 400F. Stir halfway through cooking to evenly cook the potatoes. Serve immediately.