BM #116 : Week 5, Day 1
Theme : sandwich platter
Theme for today is sandwiches. It’s my son’s one of the most favorite food to eat, so I can tell you that we had a happy happy kid the day I made this.
I use instant pot to make boiled eggs and so I always make a few extra whenever I am doing it. So prepping an egg salad sandwich is an easy thing for me. I had mushrooms I needed to use up and I decided to prepare a white sauce base to keep the sandwich together as the others had cheese in them. I am making veggie Frankie for the first time, I used readymade tortillas as the wraps.
It’s always an issue at my place what to serve the sandwich with. My son wants ketchup (the masala style ketchup from Indian store). My husband likes Trader Joe’s Green Dragon sauce or any other hot sauce and I like the flavor of green chutney. So I decided to serve all our favorites so that we can each choose what we want. The chili vinegar is a favorite with both me and my husband.
I have used cheese slices here for the pesto sandwich since I didn’t have mozzarella with me. It’s kind of a take on Caprese sandwich, but I am never stocked up in fresh basil leaves. I also prepare it with soft cheeses like goat cheese or cream cheese too, it pairs well with the pesto and tomato slices.
Read on for the recipes.
The platter has
- Egg salad sandwich
- Pesto and cheese sandwich
- Mushroom sandwiches
- Veggie Frankie
- Chili vinegar
- Tomato ketchup
- Dragon sauce / Chili sauce
- Green chutney
- Sliced onions
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves or herb of your choice
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in a pan. Sauté the mushrooms until it releases all the liquid. Add the coriander leaves or spinach or any herb of your choice.
- Push the mushrooms to the side of the pan. Add the milk into the center. Now add the flour with salt and pepper per your taste. Mix so that there are no lumps, mix the mushrooms too. Add more milk if it’s too thick. Take off the heat. Add the mushrooms as filling for the bread. Toast the bread in a pan with some butter until it turns brown. Serve with ketchup or chili sauce.
Pesto tomato and cheese sandwich:
- Bread of your choice
- 1 slice of cheese of each sandwich or a soft cheese like cream cheese or goat cheese
- 2 round slices of tomato
- 1 teaspoon pesto
- Toast the bread. Spread pesto on one side. Add the tomato slices on top. Spread the soft cheese on the other side or use a slice of cheese. Put the slices together and enjoy your sandwich.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#116
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
9 thoughts on “Sandwich platter”
Wonderful English sandwich platter. As valli mentioned, you plate it so well and it looks like serving in restaurants. So colorful and healthy too.
Wow amazing sandwiches here, and something for everyone. I am loving each one of them and would love to try each. They are tempting and yes beautiful clicks.
Some amazing sandwiches here. I too make pesto sandwich with creme cheese. It works really well and love that mushroom sandwich. My son loves sandwiches as well. Love the way you served it on the tray.
Wow! Loving the sandwich platter. My kids can live on those sandwiches. Hope my older one could source such sandwiches in her dorm :)
That is a lovely array of sandwiches, bet everyone in your family got to enjoy them.
The sandwiches look great!
What is dragon sauce Rajani?
It’s a readymade hot sauce that we buy from Trader Joe’s. Its has jalapeños, tomatillos, garlic and some other ingredients.
Valli hit the nail on the head ! Yes beautifully arranged sandwiches . The filling for the mushroom sandwich looks like a monster filling – ha ha – this is the way I fill up my potato toast !
I love soft cheese sandwiches , they taste awesome , Feta being a favourite . This is one platter that Valli and I both will join you next time , sandwiches are my favourite too – so now you don’t only a Happy kid – but you have Happy friends too .
This is just out of the world pretty picture Rajani, trust you to plate it so well..though there are just a few of us who like a sandwich at my place, I can never come up with all these sides as there are hardly any takers for it Wish I could join you when you make next batch!