BM #109 : Week 4, Day 2
Theme : Dips and Spreads
For Day 2, this is a simple fruit based jam recipe with chia seeds. I saw the recipe on Gimme Some Oven and ended up making a small batch with some leftover canned pineapple. This jam can be made with any kind of fruit– fresh or frozen. All that you need to do is to cook the fruit until it’s mushy and done, then add the chia seeds and honey. Wait for the jam to cool down and thicken a bit and transfer it into a jar and refrigerate for a 3-5 days. Mine got over by dinner time, so no storing issues for me :-). It’s a no fuss recipe with minimal ingredients and a healthy one.
For the sweetener, I used some jalapeño flavored honey that I bought from a store during the holiday season. The jalapeño flavor added a little kick to the jam. I am definitely planning to make this jam again with some other fruits.
Read on for this easy recipe.
- 1 cup canned pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon syrup from the canned pineapple
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (I used jalapeño honey)
- If using fresh pineapple, peel, dice and chop it into smaller pieces. Pulse the pieces (canned or fresh) in a blender to get a rough coarse paste.
- Transfer the purée into a pan along with the reserved syrup and bring it to a slow boil stirring in between. If using fresh pineapple, cook until the puree is not raw anymore. Add the chia seeds and honey and mix it in. Turn off the heat. Let it rest for 30 minutes. Transfer into a jar once it’s cold. Serve with bread.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this Week
5 thoughts on “Pineapple Chia Jam”
such a simple and easy recipe. very healthy and nutritious too.
Wow this sounds so fantastic Rajani, would surely want to try it sometime!
Jam with an added crunch of chia, surely sounds interesting… no wonder it disappeared over the day… :)
Such a simple and easy to make jam with canned pineapple. Adding chia seeds makes it both nutritious and delicious. Good one Rajani!!
Simple and easy , the jam sounds delicious as well as nutritious ! And i like the twist added by chia seeds and the flavored honey .