BM #106 : Week 3, Day 2
Theme : Baked Dishes
I am a big fan of Hershey’s cookbooks. Those come with recipes that you can try without fear of failure. The Hershey’s best brownies and “Perfectly chocolate” chocolate cakes have been my go-to recipes for many years now. I am surprised that I missed their recipe for cookies until now. This is again from one of their baking books. My son wanted cookies with white chocolate chips and that’s what we made.
I had made this to celebrate the birth of my nephew who was born just before Diwali. Shreyas helped me a bit with baking, but mostly he was interested in trying out the cookies. As is my ‘tradition’, the first batch had quite a few burnt cookies. The first batch is always a trial batch for me to figure out the time needed to bake. But with chocolate cookies, its hard to tell when they are cooked because of their dark color. So there were some cookie casualities :D. But the rest were saved and distributed to our friends.
Read on for the recipe.
Recipe source: Hershey’s Recipe Collection Book
Makes about 4 dozen, depending on the size
- 1 cup butter ( 2 sticks / ~220 gms)
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Beat softened butter with both the sugars and vanilla until light and creamy in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add eggs, one at a time and beat it in.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. This helps in breaking lumps in cocoa. Add this dry mix to the butter mix in batches and beat in low speed until well incorporated.
- Turn off the mixer, add the chocolate chips and mix it in with a spatula.
- Take a rounded teaspoon of cookie dough. Place this into a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough, leaving enough space between it to allow the cookie to spread.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly in the sheet itself before moving to a wire rack. Cool completely and store in airtight containers.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this Week
6 thoughts on “Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” chocolate chip cookies”
I am big fan of hersheys recipes too. They always come out perfect. this looks so delicious.
I didn’t bake any recipes from the cookbook but tried some of the recipes from the back of Hersey products and they came of great.
Yes please – all I need is a cup of milk to dunk these delicious cookies in and congrats on your nephew!
Beautifully baked cookies, Rajani. My kids can have cookies anytime.
Beautifully baked cookies Rajani. Love the texture of them. I’m going to give this recipe a try.
I love Hershey’s cookbooks too. These Chocolate chip cookies look so inviting. I think my kids will love these.