BM# 103: Week 2, Day 3
Theme : Recreate into a new dish
I always pack snacks for my son so that he has something to eat on the way back home after his practice or a match. He is very hungry at that time and can eat one or two sandwiches easily. Sometimes I pack a little more than what he needs as his hunger quotient cannot be exactly determined. So it’s not too uncommon to be left with some leftovers. Recently when I ended up with two extra Nutella sandwiches, instead of devouring it immediately, I decided to make bread pudding out of it.
I made some more sandwiches, cut it into big cubes and added a custard made with eggs and milk/cream to it. Traditionally bread pudding is made in oven, but I used the Instant Pot instead and the pudding was so moist and delicious! I loved the taste of it, it wasn’t too sweet and the Nutella tasted great in there. The next time, I might add some Nutella or chocolate chips to the custard as well, because everything tastes a little better with chocolate.
Read on for the recipe.
Recipe source : Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding
- 6 Nutella sandwiches*, cut into cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Almond slices for serving, optional
*I used bakery bread with about 2 teaspoons of Nutella for each sandwich.
- Mix the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla and sugar in a bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- In a big tray or plate add the sandwich cubes and add 1/2 of the whisked custard. Let the bread absorb some of the custard.
- Now transfer this to a stainless pot or Pyrex bowl that fits well inside the Instant Pot and add the rest of the custard on top of it.
- Add one cup of water to instant pot bowl and place the trivet inside it. Place the bread pudding inside the Instant Pot bowl and cover it with a lid that fits or aluminum foil.
- Set instant pot to Manual mode and set timer to 25 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. Serve warm or cold with sliced almonds on top.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this Week