BM# 101: Week 4, Day
Theme : 1 ingredient, 3 side dishes
. Initially I theme. I shopping my friend suggested . don’t give vegetable it’s . it never gets the limelight.
in sambar or other gravies, it also gets prepared as a dry side dish. At my home, we sauté this with salt and sambar powder until the vegetable is done. My mother in law prepares a fresh spice powder . today’s version sautéed onions the spice . doesn’t and .
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 10-12 medium Indian eggplants
- Salt as needed
- Cut each eggplant into two halves and each half into 3 pieces each length wise. So you will get about 6 pieces for each eggplant. Else just dice it.
- Heat oil in a thick pan. Add onions and minced garlic, sauté until onions turn pink. Add tomatoes and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the spice powders and salt. Reduce heat, cover and cook until tomatoes are done.
- Add the eggplant and mix into the tomato masala carefully. Cook under medium-low heat, stirring in between, until eggplants are done. Take off heat and Serve with rice and sambar.