BM# 100: Week 3, Day 1
Theme : Let’s have a toast!
It’s time for a toast.
Raise your glasses please.
It’s time to celebrate.
But what are we celebrating?
Well, a milestone…and a wonderful one at that. This is the reason why my blog is alive after all these years. A reason why I have a group of friends to whom I can ask about anything and everything and will get a reliable answer in a few minutes!
It’s time to celebrate being a part of the Blogging Marathon and to celebrate its 100th edition :-). Let’s raise our glasses and join in a toast.
Congratulations on the 100th edition, Valli! May this be the first of the many more to come!
- 6 strawberries
- 4 tablespoons (brown) sugar
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cups water
- Ice cubes
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Blend the strawberries coarsely with the sugar, leave some chunks on. Set aside.
- In a steel glass, add the lemon wedges. Using a fork (I used my pestle) or a wooden spoon, crush the lemon wedges so that it releases the juice as well as some of the citrus oil from the peel.
- In a pitcher or a bowl, add the crushed strawberries and the muddled lemon together. Add two cups of water.
- Refrigerate until the time of serving. Serve in a glass filled with ice and some lemon wedges for decoration.