Sometime back we had purchased a big pack of yogurt from Costco. It had about 20 5 oz yogurt containers. What we didn’t notice before picking it up was that it was the fruit at the bottom type. It means you have plain yogurt at the top which has to be mixed with the fruit at the bottom. Apparently that was more effort for my family and so it stayed unused occupying precious refrigerator real estate space.
It was to finish that pack of yogurt that I started making smoothie bowls. The good news is that not only did it take care of those yogurt containers, it also took care of the fruit intake of my son. The yogurt has about 11 grams of protein so I thought it would fit in this month’s theme of protein rich food.
Read on for the recipe.
- 1 5oz blueberry yogurt container
- 1 Tablespoon Nutella
- 1 banana, sliced, reserve a few pieces for decorating
- 1 kiwi peeled, few pieces reserved for decoration
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Honey or other sweeteners, if needed
- Toppings of your choice
- Blend the yogurt with banana, kiwi, blueberries, peanut butter and Nutella. Add honey if needed and blend again. Pour into a bowl and decorate with the reserved slices of fruit. I have added some chia seeds and chocolate chips as well.