Pancakes are excellent treats in the mornings. These are great for lunchbox as well. The flavor can be adjusted to your liking. The book in which I found the recipe gave me many to choose from and my son asked me to make cocoa & cranberry pancakes from the lot.
So the recipe below is the base recipe. You can play around and add your own flavors. Thanks to the Cooking from Cookbook event, I am referring a lot more to my cookbooks than the internet.
Read below for the recipe!
Recipe source: The Perfect Egg Book
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melted butter for the pan
For cocoa cranberry pancakes, add 1/3 cup cocoa powder to the dry ingredients. Gently stir in 1 cup dried cranberries into the batter before preparing the pancakes.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla extract. Mix gently until you don’t see any more dry lumps. Add the cranberries and fold it in.
- Heat melted butter in a skillet and add 1/4 cup of batter to it. Cook the pancakes and flip it over to cook the top side too. Finish off the rest of the batter, adding butter to the pan as needed. Recipe serves two.
This goes to Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group.
2 thoughts on “Cocoa Cranberry Pancakes”
Awesome clicks of the pancakes Rajani. Chocolate and cranberry sounds like a great combination.
Those pancakes look so yum Rajani. .these pancakes surely look very sinful. I am really so glad you are so religiously cooking from your book and that are making the best of the books you have. I must get myself to refer more to the books that are getting dust settled!.