My fridge would be overflowing for many days after my trip. My son, who is fine with fruits in general, is not a fan of kiwi or pears. Now, kiwis are sold a dollar for 5 pieces at that place. How can I resist buying it?! So I buy a big bunch of it and then make smoothies to erase the evidence of the forbidden fruits. I have always felt that pear lends a wonderful flavor to smoothies. I am a fan of fruits, so I might be biased.
So here is what went into the smoothie today, kiwis, pears, strawberries and bananas. I spared the apples and oranges and grapes this time. Read on for the recipe, which is more of a guide than a fixed recipe.
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 pear, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8-10 strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- honey to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt or milk to blend
- Toppings of your choice
- Wash and clean all the fruits. Peel and cut them into smaller pieces. Reserve 2 strawberries and a small portion each from kiwi and banana. Blend the rest with milk or yogurt, adding honey per your taste.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate from the pieces set aside before blending.