BM# 71: Week 3; Day 3
Theme: Make a meal
Dish: Semiya Kesari
Last month for the thali theme, my plan was to make it a Saravana Bhavan restaurant thali theme. I started off with my version of their Quick Lunch Meals, but ended up posting other thalis for the theme. Right now, the thali is coming up again for the Semiya kesari recipe from there.
I am a big fan of sweets and I can never be left alone with anything sweet even for a short period. For this reason alone, I have not been making desserts for sometime now. But every now and then, in the name of blogging, I justify the kilos that creeps into my body. I don’t even justify if the category is sweets. Its the ultimate sacrifice from me for my blog ;-).
Scroll down for the recipe, this one is not as heavy on ghee.
Recipe source: Sharmi’s Passion
Serves : 2
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 1.5 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar (adjust according to your preference)
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, optional
- food coloring, optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a thick non stick pan and shallow fry the semiya until it changes color.
- Add water and bring it to a boil. Stir in between and let it semiya cook completely.
- Once the water is completely absorbed, add the sugar. The sugar will melt and release liquid.Stir continuously until the liquid evaporates. Add the ground cardamom and food coloring, if using.
- Add the rest of the ghee and let it cook for a few minutes. Take off the heat, serve hot or cold.