BM # 70
Week 2, Day 2
Theme : Fruit based Recipes
Whenever there is an excess of fruits, especially apples, it gets added to almost anything at home. I make chili with apples, I know a friend who make sambar with apples and though it sounds really weird, they do taste pretty decent. An unexpected bit of sweetness in the middle of a savory dish.
I add them on a regular basis to all my salads. My oft repeated salad has apples and tomatoes as the main components. Add one more veggie or a fruit, top with any salad dressing and you’re done! But this recipe is a little different from my usual take as I didn’t go for my standard mayo-mustard dressing. This one is the olive oil- lemon juice kind. The flavors all complemented each other well and the salad friendly kid was indeed happy!
This post goes to Blogging Marathon# 70. Check out this page to see posts from other participating bloggers.
Recipe Source: Food.com
Serves : 1
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium pear
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber
- 1/2 of a medium sweet onion
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (adjust according to taste)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dill leaves (I didn’t have any)
- Prepare the dressing by mixing everything together.
- Slice the apples, pears and onions into thin slices. Cut the cucumber into circles.
- Toss with the dressing in a big bowl and serve. Done!
- I added about 1/2 teaspoon Kale chips for garnish, but it definitely wasn’t a good idea.