If someone is missing whether this week’s theme is ‘Oatmeal in alphabetical order’, let me assure you that its not. But after apple oatmeal, banana oatmeal and now chocolate-strawberry oatmeal, that question won’t really be out of place! What I am trying to do is come up with three different methods to cook the same breakfast. So for the last day (with the last of my strawberry loot) its an overnight oatmeal recipe. Its as easy as mixing all the ingredients and refrigerating it. The texture was surprisingly soft and not too unlike stove top oatmeal.
I did a general google search for overnight oatmeal since I hadn’t made up my mind about the flavoring. I found that most recipes use some amount of milk and a bit of yogurt to help thicken it up.And the rest is whatever is available in one’s pantry. So that’s what I did too. I have a HUGE batch of hot chocolate packets with me, now I know how to use it all up! After adding the chocolate mix, I remembered about the last of the frozen strawberries I had and that too went into the bowl. So read on for this easy way to start your day.
This post goes to Blogging Marathon# 70. Check out this page to see posts from other participating bloggers.
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 4-5 strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 packet hot chocolate mix (Or 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder)
- Sweetener of your choice
- Toppings used – chocolate chips, banana slices, granola
- Mix everything together in a bowl or jar except the toppings.
- Refrigerate at least for a couple of hours before eating.
- At the time of serving, microwave it to warm it up. Add your toppings and enjoy!