So finally, here I am – in case you have missed me. My mini break turned into a major vacation last time. Truth be told, it feels like I am taking baby steps again in blogging. A little like you are in a party in the virtual world after being on your own for a really long time. Thankfully, the party I am in is Blogging Marathon party. It has all my close friends, so the level of comfort is pretty high.
As you know, Valli comes up with interesting themes for BM. My theme this week is to prepare a single breakfast dish using three different cooking methods. When I decided on theme, my plan was to prepare the whole grain muffins. Unfortunately, I don’t have silicon muffin pans that I can use in cooker or MW, so I had to scrap that plan. So the oats for muffins got used up as Oatmeal. So Day 1 is Oatmeal – banana flavor, stove top cooking method. Read on for the recipe.
This post goes to Blogging Marathon# 70. Check out this page to see posts from other participating bloggers.
Blogging Marathon theme : Same breakfast prepared using different methods.
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 thinly sliced banana
- sweetener – honey/sugar/maple syrup, per taste
- Few banana slices for decoration
- Add everything except honey to a thick vessel.
- Once the water starts heating up, stir or whisk continuously for a creamy textured oatmeal for about 3-5 minutes.
- Take off the heat, pour it into a bowl. Serve with some sliced bananas and honey drizzled on top.