Yes yes yes, I hear you…and I agree. This is no recipe. What I wanted for the ‘U’ was a classic American cake -the Upside down pineapple cake. I wanted to make it in the cast iron skillet like it was made long ago. But unfortunately, I didn’t have any of those beautiful red cherries to brighten up the cake. Or pineapples. Or eggs. Or flour.Or any other fruits in fact. All I have is, erm…the cast iron skillet :D.
Its time for grocery shopping, but before that I have to face the alphabet ‘U’. And that’s when I saw the last two slices of bread. Well, no lunch for my son tomorrow, but hurrah… I have something for you, I mean ‘U’!
More than desperation, a good reason for me to post this particular recipe is that I wanted to feature peanut butter and jelly sandwich somewhere in this marathon. After all, that is one of the most popular food here! I wanted it somewhere in the list. I couldn’t leave it out from the marathon.
Uncrustables is a product from the brand Smuckers. Its a round sandwich with crust removed and sides sealed. There is a whole lot of Disney food art theme with these in the internet. My inspiration was from the space Like Mother Like Daughter.
The sandwich was a breeze to make, but I took a lot longer cutting/carving the our last apple in the house :-). Read on for this “recipe” before my grocery list grows any more longer!
Idea inspired from Like Mother Like Daughter
- Using a cookie cutter or a sharp lid, cut out circles from two slices of bread.
- Add peanut butter on one slice and jam or jelly on the other.
- Sandwich them together and press the edges with your fingers to seal it.
- Cut out heart shaped pieces out of an apple and use them as balloons.
- Cut out more slices for string, legs, hands and hips.
- Use blueberries or chocolate chips for eyes and body.
- Oreo cookies for ears.