Ha! Its hard to believe that we are already reached the alphabet ‘H’. This was one of the alphabets with fewer choices, still I had about 3-4 dishes before I decided to take it easy and go with the best one :D. I was considering between hot milk cake, hush puppies, hot dog veggie version and hot chocolate.
I already have hot milk cake in the blog. Its one of my to-go recipes and I make it many times in an year. So that was ruled out and among the rest, hot chocolate won the competition hands down.
Hot chocolate is popular anytime of the year, but particular around Christmas/winter, you will see it all over the place. There are three ways in which you can make the basic hot chocolate.It all involves hot milk and sugar with one of the following chocolate agents.
- cocoa powder
- chocolate (grated, chopped or chips for easy melting)
- ready made hot chocolate mix, which is usually cocoa powder with sugar and may be powdered milk
Of course there are a hundred flavor options that you can try, but the about three will cover the basic hot chocolate. Peppermint is popular around Christmas and I still have a pack that a friend of mine gifted me. Here I have made the cocoa powder version, which I feel is the best of the three. Try it out and let me know what kinds you make at your place :-).
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- whipped cream and grated chocolate, for decoration
- Recipe serves one.
- Add cocoa powder and sugar with a cup of milk in a pan. Whisk well until no lumps remain.
- Heat in low-medium flame until it starts to simmer. Turn off the heat.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and grated chocolate. Enjoy!