This week’s BM theme is anti inflammatory foods. Sore throat or pharyngitis is throat inflammation. Gastritis is a kind of stomach inflammation. There is arthritis related inflammation, but thankfully, I haven’t dealt with it yet.
Sore throat and an occasional gastritis symptom is not so uncommon for me. This ginger tea is good for both the cases, when your stomach isn’t agreeing with you completely and your throat is literally scratching you! A hot cup of this tea will sooth your throat and be easy on your tummy.
We Indians add ginger to the traditional tea( boil milk + tea leaves + grated ginger; strain and sweeten with sugar) and call it ginger tea as well. But this version is a simple one. All you have to do is boil ginger and water and flavor it with lemon and/or honey if you wish.
BM #61 Week 2; Theme: Anti inflammatory foods
- 1 cup water per person
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, per person
- honey to taste
- lemon to taste, optional
- Peel and slice the ginger pieces.
- Add this to the water and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 7-8 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add honey and lemon per taste.
- Drain the ginger pieces off and drink your tea.