For a long time, I was under the impression that you cannot have most of the fruits if you have diabetes. So I was surprised to see many fruit based smoothie recipes for diabetes. A bit of digging in the net tells me that it’s about choosing your portions wisely and you don’t have to avoid fruits on the whole.
It was news for me. But as I am not diabetic, I wouldn’t preach much about the topic. I would rather trust my doctor than the internet on matters of health. This is a good after workout smoothie. After an hour of sweating in the gym, you really would have earned this. A full cup if you are not diabetic, half a cup if you are.
Shhh…..I drank mine without working out :D, but that’s a secret between you, me and the Internet- OK?
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, skin removed and diced
- 1/4 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk or Greek style yogurt
- ice as needed
- Blend everything together until smooth.
- Serve 1/2 cup per person, with a piece of strawberry or pineapple on top.
- Makes about 4 servings.