We all make mistakes. Sometimes big mistakes.
Mine was also big. A BIG pack of coconut flakes.
Now, if you know how to use it up, then it’s not a problem. But if you are short of ideas, the bag will totally weigh you down.
Thank God for the internet and the problem isn’t that big anymore. It’s one cup short now and I am taking it cup-wise now a days.
Scroll down for the recipe.
Recipe source : Taste of home
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C. Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a big bowl (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt).
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Fold the coconut flakes and transfer the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes free of crumbs.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.