This is another one of those 40 posts that has been sitting on the drafts folder for a long long time. This is a very quick and easy cupcakes from Hershey’s. I had baked these when I was in India, just before moving to U.S.
Another special thing about these cupcakes are these were baked for a friend of mine. He had dropped in at our place as he knew I was relocating soon. He is a great photographer and he taught me to click with the ‘Live view’ mode in the DSLR. I was using the viewfinder until then.
With the LCD display ON (Live view shooting is just that – it shows the picture in the LCD screen before we take the picture – just like how it is in a P&S or phone camera), clicking a picture is so much easier. For one thing, we can see our photo setup before we click. Secondly, you can switch on the grid display which helps with the ‘rule of thirds’ in photography. Third thing is it helps you focus where you want to.
These are the first pictures that I took with Live View mode ON and I use that feature a lot now. Check out this video which explains it so much better!
Before you go check out that feature in your camera, have a look at this easy-peasy cupcake recipe as well.
Recipe source: Hershey’s
Makes 2 dozen small cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 180 C/ 350 F. Line a cupcake pan with paper cups.
- In a big bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Add the oil,water,,vinegar and vanilla. Blend until well mixed.
- Fill the batter up to 2/3rd of the paper cup and bake for 20-25 minutes until the center is cooked.
- Let it cool completely and frost, if preferred.