With the left over bread after baking a round sandwich bread, I baked these braided bread sticks.
The inspiration came from FoodiliciousNan. Hers look much more sleeker and better, where as mine is a bit on the thicker side. These are perfect suited for some mindless munching and pairs really well with soups of all kind.
Recipe Source: Any sandwich bread recipe, I have used King Arthur flour’s.
- Prepare the bread dough. After the first rise, punch it down gently and kneed for a minute.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Pinch out three small balls from the dough. Roll each of them into pencil thin ropes of equal length. You can rub the dough between your palms for this. You can bake these just like this as well.
- For braided shape, take the three ropes, pinch the top together and braid them. Once you are done, pinch the other end together as well. Make more bread sticks the same way.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and then bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Munch on!
You can sprinkle grated cheese on top before baking, or add herbs, sautéed onion etc to the dough to get a flavoured bread.