It’s not quite April yet, but Summer is slowly creeping in. It’s getting hotter by day and before we know it, it will so hot that we won’t be able to cook in the kitchen at all.
The positive side of Summer is Mangoes. And lots of yogurt based cooking.
And if you are cooking yogurt based curries, try making this Vazhakka porial or raw banana curry to go along with it. It’s a favourite combination at my husband’s place.
Recipe Source: My MIL
Serves : 2-3
- Raw Bananas : 2
- Chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Curry leaves : 5-6
- Coconut oil : 1 tbsp
- Wash, peel lightly and dice the raw bananas.
- In a thick vessel, boil the vegetable with sufficient water (till the bananas are completely immersed) until cooked.
- Once cooked, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once it crackles, add the cooked raw bananas.
- Add salt and chilli powder. Mix and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Taste test and adjust the seasoning. Serve as a side dish to rice. This pairs very well with yogurt based gravies like pulisseri or the simple moru curry.