We are nine years into our marriage and I am already looking forward to our tenth anniversary which is in November. A decade together is an absolute achievement.
My parents’ anniversary was in Jan and it was their 40th wedding anniversary. Now, that is much more special.
They are in Bangalore right now, with my elder brother. My younger one flew all the way from U.S. for a week-long vacation during this time. And my family travelled from Chennai to Bangalore to spend this day with everyone.
And of course, there was a cake to mark the occasion!
The night I reached Bangalore, I finished making the fondant toppers (appa is totally bald and wears dhoti, so that’s him there) and the ganache. There was no cake pan at my brother’s place, so we ended up buying a ready-made 6″ cake.
The new pair of dress that my parents wore for the day turned out to be the same colour as the fondant toppers, there was no pre-planning there. I was quite thrilled by that fact.
We left soon after the cake was cut, our trip was quite short (<20 hours with family), but very satisfying.
Wondering how the two of us will be for our 40th! Food for thought…or rather, cake for thought!
Check out the dark chocolate ganache recipe used for frosting and filling this cake.
- Dark Chocolate : 400 gms (I used morde chocolate compound)
- Cream : 200 ml
- The chocolate should be at room temperature.
- Chop it into small pieces of same size. Put it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the cream to it.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and give a good stir.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir to ensure that there are no lumps and you have a rich smooth chocolate mix.
- If there are lumps, microwave for another burst of 10 seconds until its all smooth, stirring after each 10 second intervals.
- Stop when you have a smooth and creamy mix. In my microwave it took a little over one minute.
- Let the ganache set overnight or at least for 3 hours. Whisk nicely the next day morning and use for filling, frosting or piping as desired.
3 thoughts on “A Couple Cake”
Your recipes are superb and I like all of them. Your passion for baking & cooking gives us many ideas. Thanks for the lovely recipes.
That’ so sweet Rajani! Anniversary wishes to your parents[It’s a little late, I know :)]
wonderful effort from your side.. am sure your parents were thrilled