The man whispered to me: “Are you doing something important?”
“No”, I replied.
“Is the kid around?”
“No”, I replied again.
The man took off his shirt and went to the bedroom.
“Come here honey.” He said.
The man is heavily into sports. And this happens after all the testosterone ridden games.
“I pulled my back again while playing, can you massage it please?”
So much for my romance in life!! But then life always gets better when you serve a slice of cake.
Celebrate your Valentine’s day with an easy to make cake with a simple decoration.
- Butter : 3/4 cup, softened
- Sugar : 1 1/4 cup
- Eggs : 2
- Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
- All purpose flour : 1.5 cups
- Cocoa powder : 1/2 cup
- Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : a pinch
- Butterscotch chips : 1/2 cup (optional)
- Chocolate chips : 1/2 cup (optional)
- Milk : 2 tbsp or more as required
- Powdered sugar : <1 tsp for decoration
- Heat oven to 180C/350F. Grease an 8″ square pan.
- Whisk flour,cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat the softened butter and sugar till pale and creamy in a bigger bowl. Add eggs, vanilla and beat well.
- Add the flour mix into the butter mix. Mix well. Stir the butterscotch and chocolate chips, if using.If you find that the batter is dry, you can add milk in tablespoons till it forms a batter.
- Spread into the cake pan and bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a skewer comes free when inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Let the cake sit in the pan for 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For decoration, cut out a heart from a piece of paper.Cut a smaller heart from the one you have. You now have a ring kind of heart stencil. Keep this on top of the cake and dust icing sugar on top. Remove the paper carefully and you get the pattern on the cake.
Note: I forgot to add the butterscotch chips into the batter and finally scattered them on top right before baking. The chips melted because of the heat, so please add them while you are mixing the batter itself.
This post is linked to: