I came across this recipe somewhere on the internet and now I have no idea about the source. I just remember the 1:1 proportion of the main ingredients and how easy it was to prepare these.
The addition of chocolate was an idea I got after checking out Vaishali’s larabars. I am glad I added the chocolate!
You can shape these into bars or even as balls to make it easier. Check out the recipe below.
- Dates : 1 cup
- Almonds (or any nut) : 1 cup
- Raisins (or any other dry fruit) : 1 cup
- Chocolate : 1/2 cup (optional)
- Run the almonds in the mixer to crumble them a bit. Else you can run them first in the food processor to break them into small pieces.
- Add the broken almonds (or other dry nut you are using – peanuts, cashew nuts, pistachios etc.), dates, raisins and chocolate (if using) in a food processor bowl with the chopper blade. Blend until it all comes together as a single ball.
- Take off the food processor and spread it in a greased square pan lined with baking paper. Press it down with a flat ladle and let it rest in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Cut into squares and serve the pieces. Done!
The recipe is off to Kid’s Delight : Sweet Treats hosted by Sowya of Nivedanam.