I was looking for ways to use up the single cauliflower that was left in the fridge. A little bit more rustling through the freezer and some peas too showed up to be used. Added some potatoes which were shouting ‘pick me up please’ and made an easy curry for dinner.
Dumped the left over in the fridge and served with dosas the next morning. Surprisingly, it paired very well with dosas and I loved that combination than with chapatis..It was almost like a gobi masala dosa.
So relish this curry made with winter vegetables (though its available through out the year now a days!) and check out what others are serving for this month long marathon.
- Cauliflower florets : 2 cups
- Diced potatoes : 2 cups
- Green peas : 1 cup
- Onion : 2 big
- Tomatoes : 3 big
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tsp
- Coriander powder : 1 tsp
- Chili powder : 1 tsp
- Garam Masala : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- In a microwave safe bowl (or in a pan), add the roughly chopped onions and tomatoes and ginger garlic paste with a spoon of oil. MW high for 3-4 minutes until everything is cooked. Let it cool and then grind it to a paste, keep aside.
- Steam the cleaned cauliflower florets, diced potatoes and green peas for about 7 minutes or until its cooked, yet firm.
- In a kadai, add one tbsp of oil. Add half a tsp jeera seeds and once it splutters add the onion-tomato paste. Once it starts to boil, add the chili, coriander powders and salt. Mix.
- Add the cooked vegetables and two cups of water. Let it come to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes. You may have to add more water if you want a gravy curry.
- Do a taste test, adjust seasonings. Add garam masala and coriander leaves. Give a final stir and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve hot with rotis.