Baking makes me happy (not always though, but most of the time). Unfortunately, it makes me sweaty too. So summer is not a time I switch on the oven.
I feel that the Christmas time is perfect for baking. Its cooler that time and though we don’t celebrate Christmas, you can’t help feeling the holiday spirit.
Every blog features Christmas special recipes and before you know, you are making the cake (as if we needed a reason!) and trying a dozen other recipes. And this is one such recipe I came across.
Don’t limit these muffins for Christmas alone. Make these anytime when you need a break from the traditional breakfast. In fact, make these for dinner and carry over to the next morning.
Eating these will make you happy, even if baking doesn’t :-)!
This recipe if off for the 30 day marathon by Valli. Check out the blogging marathon page for more details and more participants and a whole lot of recipes!
Recipe Adapted from : Vegalicious Recipes
Makes : 15 regular or 8-9 big muffins
- All purpose flour : 2 cups
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Baking Powder : 1.5 tsp
- Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Oil : 1/3 cup
- Egg : 1
- Milk : 3/4 cup (Can substitute orange juice)
- Dried Cranberries : 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Chocolate chips : 1/2 cup
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together with milk and oil. Fold this into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add the cranberries and chocolate chips, but don’t over mix.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners and add the batter till 3/4th full in the liners. Sprinkle the remaining one tbsp of cranberries on top of the muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180C or till a wooden skewer comes free of crumbs when inserted into the center of the muffins.
- For the glaze, I mixed 1/2 cup powdered sugar with a tablespoon or two of water, until you get a thick glaze. I poured a tsp or two over the muffins.
- I made 12 regular and 2 big muffins. The ones featured here were baked in ramekins.
- I over mixed the batter :D and ended up with smooth muffins.