The clicking of the clock is something that cannot be stopped. Minutes, hours, days, months and years pass by -with us enjoying and savoring every bit of time that’s gifted to us in this planet.
We note down the dates important to us in our hearts, and celebrate it with the ones we love.
So, please join me in celebrating my little space’s second birthday. My Kitchen Trials turned two yesterday. I wouldn’t be here if not for all your support (I mean it!).
And a special thanks to Valli and my dear blogging marathoners for all the support and love you have shown to my space. You gals rock!!
Now that I am in a full speech mood, I can as well brag a bit about this space (please I deserve it. Its, after all, my blog birthday!).
This place touch 1 Lakh page views last December. And no, it doesn’t count my views. Then it would have been 10 Lakhs, by now!!
Sometime back, I had entered a give away for 10 people. There were totally 11 comments, including mine. Somehow, I wasn’t surprised when my name wasn’t there in the chosen ten. That’s my luckiness quotient!
So imagine my surprise, when I won a giveaway at Nitya’s space this year beginning. It was a first for me and I was thrilled to bits. Kettle Teahouse sent across a beautiful glass kettle and a pouch of green tea. I stare at it, mesmerized everyday, hardly believing my luck! Thanks Nitya and the staff @ Kettle :-)
So in short, there is a lot to celebrate. I wanted to make something different and more grand, but finally chose something simple yet tasty!
These are pie in a glass. Perfect if you want bite sized portion or if you don’t want to bake in this hot summer. Its easy to put together and would get you a lot of appreciation if served in a party.
Recipe Source : Far too many sources from the net to note down just one
Makes: 3 small servings
- Marie gold biscuits : 6 (more if you want one more layer)
- Butter : 1 tbsp, softened
- Condensed Milk : 400 ml can for making Dulce De Leche
- Whipped cream : 3 -4 tbsp
- Chocolate shavings, to garnish (optional)
- Immerse the condensed milk can (remove plastic lid, if any) completely in water in a pressure cooker. I make it lie down. Pressure cook this till the first whistle.
- Lower the heat and cook for another 20 minutes. Switch off the gas, and once the pressure is released, take the can out of the water. Let it cool. The most wonderful caramel in this world is ready – Dulce De Leche!
- Powder the biscuits and butter in a mixer till you it comes to ‘wet sand’ texture.
- Press this down in a glass to form the base. Add a layer of the caramel on top of this. If the caramel is too thick, mix nicely with a spoon till its loosened a bit.
- Top this with a biscuit layer and crown with a spoon of whipped cream. Decorate with chocolate shavings or the biscuit mix or chocolate squares.
Note: This can be prepared ahead and refrigerated. You can form as many layers as you want depending on the height of the serving glass. Mine was small, so this amount was sufficient.
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.