There are times when I feel that the jewel of my kitchen is my Microwave. I can sometimes even feel the waves of envy from the other appliances towards it. And no wonder why…I use it everyday, and for almost everything! Even for my cooking experiments.
And speaking of experiments, this noodle soup was one of the rare ‘make it up as you go’ recipes. And luckily, it turned out tasty.
And I say ‘luckily’ because half my experiments end up in the dust bin :D.
This is my entry for the last day of Blogging Marathon 24, under the theme : Cooking with Electrical Appliances. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for more themes and more recipes from the participants.
- Noodles : 1 packet, cooked per packet instructions
- Carrot : 1 medium, sliced thin and long
- Mushrooms : 4-5, sliced
- Spinach leaves : 4-5 leaves, shredded
- Veg.Stock/Water : 2 cups (or more)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook noodles per packet instructions and keep aside. I usually immerse them in water, with a pinch of salt and a tbsp of oil, and cook for 3-4 minutes in MW. Drain and keep aside.
- In a MW proof bowl, add the sliced mushrooms, carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes till it is soft, stirring once in between.
- Once its cool, add water or stock and seasonings and the spinach leaves to it. Cook again for a minute or two. Add the noodles and more water, if required, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Check seasonings and serve hot.
8 thoughts on “Mushroom Noodle Soup”
Yummy, I really love it, I always told to my mum to make this for me. Aunty, I like all your recipes & freshly baked cakes
That’s so good to know Rajani..even I use my oven so much and infact my oven guy complemented on using it so extensively..lol..very hearty soup!
Very healthy and look delicious
Looks delicious! Am tempted to try this though am not that much of a fan of mushrooms :)
What a healthy soup and made in the microwave — makes it perfect and quick.
Looks delicious n awesome.
Wow mushroom noodles soup looks inviting and delicious.
mushroom and noodles is my favorite combo