Time moves too fast and my son would turn six tomorrow. He has grown too fast from a baby to a toddler to a preschooler to a kid. He is almost a big boy now!
These years of growing up have been full of fun. But now he is too big for a lot of things we used to do earlier. What I miss most is being able to pick him up, cuddle him and him sitting in my lap!
Friends, Angry Birds and Ben 10 are influencing him now more than ol’ mom and dad.
Ten days back kiddo came home crying, with his fingers hurt. It took me a while to console him and after applying the medicine, I started asking him how he got hurt.
‘I wanted to show everyone how strong I was.’ Came the reply.
‘So what did you do?’ I asked.
‘I lifted the metal cover over the drains to show my strength.’
‘And I was not able to! It fell down and my fingers got caught in between…’ Followed by more howling and crying and hysterics.
I don’t know what I should look forward to in 2013, but whatever the year brings – I know that is going to be interesting too!
Recipe Source: Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen
Makes : 2 loaves
- All purpose flour : 3 – 3.5 cups
- Warm water : 1/4 cup
- Active dry Yeast : 2 1/4 tsp
- Oil : 3 tbsp
- Mashed Banana : from 2 big bananas
- Brown Sugar : 1/3 cup
- Salt : 3/4 tsp
- Raisins : 1/2 cup (optional)
- Sprinkle yeast in warm water, add a teaspoon of sugar. Mix and keep aside. I do this step in MW. I start off with microwaving water in a glass bowl for 5 -10 sec and after checking the temperature, I add sugar and yeast to it. Then I leave it in the MW itself for another 10 – 15 minutes until its foamed up.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt and mix with a whisk. Add the yeast mix, oil, banana puree to it and bring it all together into a dough. Knead for about 10 minutes in a lightly floured surface till you get a smooth dough. Knead in the raisins or any other dry fruits/nuts, if you are using.
- You might have to add a bit of water if the dough is dry and a bit of flour if it is too sticky.
- Pour a tablespoon of oil in the bowl, place the dough in it and coat it with the oil. Leave covered in a warm area for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and shape the dough. Place it in a bread pan. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave till the dough reaches the brim of the loaf pan, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Bake the loaf for 15 minutes at this temperature and reduce to 170C and bake for another 20-25 minutes till the bread sounds hollow when tapped at the bottom. Brush the top with melted butter when you take it out of the oven.
I am sending this recipe to:
- Blogging Marathon, under Christmas Treats
- Bake Fest 14
- Favorite Recipes : Xmas Recipes
- Edible Gifts for Christmas
- Christmas recipes
13 thoughts on “Yeasted Banana Bread”
Belated birthday wishes to your young one. Happy new year to you and family. Love this banana bread. Thanks for linking Favorite recipes: Christmas recipes.
Belated b’day wishes to ur little one. I can totally relate to the angry birds getting more attention than us parents, my 5 yr old is slowly getting there.
Yeasted banana bread looks delicious.
My belated B’day wishes to your kid. I am sure many interesting things are in store for the future. :)
The bread looks perfect.
Birthday wishes to your son…bread looks so soft and tempting..
I am yet to try yeasted breads. You’s looks so tempting.Lovely clicks..
And Hugs and kisses to your lil one on his b’day…
what a wonderful sweet bread
Love yeast bread. Looks yummy and birthday wishes to your son.
beautiful bread…and u said u dont bake nice breads…..happy birthday to ur lil one, i m sure to remember his bday as it is my wedding anniv….:) , sorry to hear abt him being hurt, kids do grow up very fast
That’s a tantalisingly beautiful bread , Rajani !
Too bad it’s only virtual :-)
So sad to read abt the kiddo, hope he is better now..And wish him the best birthday wishes from my side…bread looks awesome..Champa rocks with her recipes right..and now you are doing that!..:)..lovely picture, makes one want to grab right off the screen..
Super elegant and spongy bread, beautiful presentation.
Wow the leaves on the bread are so cute!!! very attractive!!
Ongoing Event – Let’s Party – Eggless Bakes and Treats
Ongoing Event – SYF & HWS – Ginger