I made brownies last week to show off to some friends. It came out rather well (or so they told me).
I made an impressive Mugalai Potato curry and a tasty carrot rice to go with it this weekend when my cousin visited us. Everyone loved it!
And tonight I made rock hard chapatis with a lukewarm curry to go with it.
And thanked god that things are back to normal :))!
But don’t worry, these kadhi and bhaja are not my recipes. You can try them with confidence. These too got me some compliments, though I am yet to learn how to handle that.
For Blogging Marathon 22, I have chosen ‘Dishes from Bengal’ as the theme. Check out the bloggingmarathon page for more themes and more recipes from the participants.
Have a look at this BengaliThali too while you are around!
Recipe Source:Kitchen e Kichu Khonn
Cooking Time : 15 min
- Yogurt/Curd : 1 cup
- Water : 2 cup
- Besan/Gram Flour : 1 tbsp, heaped
- Garlic : 5-6 pods
- Chili Powder : 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Oil : 1 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida : a pinch
- In a big vessel, mix yogurt, besan, chili powder, turmeric powder and water. Whisk thoroughy for a minute ensuring that no dry lumps remain.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a deep non stick pan. Add the hing and garlic, saute for half a minute. Add the yogurt mix and salt.
- Let it cook in low fire for about 10 -15 minutes. You can turn off the heat when the besan and garlic are cooked completely. The kadhi’s consistency needs to be adjusted according to your preference. You need to add more water if you want it a bit runny, in that case you have to a taste test and add more salt & chili powder. Serve with rice and a vegetable fry like Aloo Bhaja or Brinjal Bhaja. Scroll down for the recipe.
Recipe Source: Bengali Lunch
Cooking Time : 15-20 min
Begun Bhaja Ingredients:
Brinjal. : 2, baingan ka Bharta kind
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Chili powder. : 1/2 -1 tsp
Oil. : to shallow fry
Wash and Slice the brinjal into circles. These shouldn’t be too thin. Add the turmeric powder, salt, chili powder and keep aside for at least 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a wide pan and add as many slices as you can without crowding the pan. cook for a couple of minutes. flip over and cook the other side too. It will be good if you can cover the pan while cooking as oil might spatter a bit.
Serve hot with rice and kadhi.