We (read – Hubby) gave in to our kiddo’s pestering about Bay Blade and got him one.
We bought it from the store at 2:30PM, reached home that day by 4 PM and kiddo lost it by 4:30 PM. He had taken it to the park to show off to his friends and lost it in a bushy area. The only solace for him was the fact that half of the items in the lost blade was his friend’s. So his friend was equally miserable.
I told the kids that we will search for it together and they took me to the area where the blade had landed. There were some 7-8 bushes about 6 feet high. I entered the bushes, expecting the kids to follow me, but – aha – no. No one was coming after me. They were both standing right outside.
‘The leaves are sharp, my eyes will get hurt. But you search, Aunty’ : Kiddo’s friend said.
‘Its a jungle. There will be tiger, lion and red ants inside. So you go in, Mommy.’ Kiddo chipped in.
It took me a whole day to get kiddo come with me finally. But he enjoyed it a lot. After all, he got to wear sunglasses (to avoid the sharp leaves), wear shoes(to stop the red ants from biting) and carry a thread. He would hold one end of the thread and I would hold the other end, so as not to get lost in the deep dark jungle (I am referring to those 7 bushes, of course!).
And the less said about the discussion about tigers and lions and red ants in the forests, the better!
Similarly, the less said about my delay in posting the recipes for Blogging Marathon 21, the better! But still, I am here finally. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for recipes from fellow bloggers who, of course, posted everything on time.
Recipe Source: Closet Cooking
- Caramelized apples : 5-6 slices
- Cheese slice : 1 slice
- Bread slices : 2 slices
- To caramelize apples, peel, core and slice an apple thin. Heat a tablespoon of butter in medium flame amd add a tablespoon of sugar.
- Add the apple slices and cook for 5-6min, turning them frequently to prevent burning an even coating of the caramel sauce. Take of the heat, cool. This can be refrigerated for a week.
- For assembling a sandwich, take two slices of bread. Add a layer of caramelized apples on one slice, and a cheese slice on the other.
- Heat a panini/sandwich maker and place these in it until done. You can do this in the stovetop too, adding a spoon of butter and cooking both the sides till the cheese melts.
7 thoughts on “Apple Cheese Sandwich”
The recipe is simple, maybe I can try it too :) Once, I tried making normal sandwich (with raw vegetables) and found the preparation to be too tedious! Then I found a shop nearby my house that makes it and I eat it from there. I will suggest this apple sandwich to them as well :)
I’m gonna try this recipe …love this sandwich and the combo. Buy your kid another one Rajani…poor guy he searched so far and long with you in the jungle, he deserves it and you deserve it too!
Loved reading your post and was laughing out when I read about the ‘jungle’. THe sandwich looks great must try this-chesse and apples are a nice combo…
That is so sinfully delicious
Ongoing Event + Giveaway – CEDD – HONEY
Ongoing Event – CWF – Whole Wheat Flour
Fantastic and super unique sandwich,love that melting cheese there.
a unique combo for a sandwich