Tears filled my eyes and horror filled my heart. I had no courage to open that page and see what’s written there. I knew it was not good news.
My hands trembled while I was forcing myself to read the contents. My heart was pounding.
Hubby dear put his hand around me and gave a small squeeze to tell me silently that we will face this together.
I read the contents, felt myself relax a bit.
I turned to my hubby and said, ‘Honey, this month’s power bill won’t kill us!’
But god knows – next month’s bill might give me a heart attack. So I am not taking any chances and going stove top way to make these delicious cookies. Make these and don’t worry about your electricity bill!
Recipe Source: Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
Makes 35 – 40 cookies
- Sugar : 2 cups
- Cocoa : 1/2 cup
- Butter : 100 gms
- Milk : 1/2 cup
- Oats : 3 cups
- Peanut Butter : 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essense : 1 tsp
- Measure the oatmeal and peanut butter and keep it ready before you start the actual cooking. Keep wax paper layered plates also ready.
- In a large thick bottomed pan, add the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter. Mix. Heat the pan, stirring the mixtu re.
- Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 2 whole minutes. Take off the heat, add the peanut butter first and give a mix and then add the oatmeal and vanilla.
- Mix everything together and drop spoonfuls into the wax paper. Cool for half an hour at least before digging in.
Note : I found these to be a bit too sweet and might reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup next time.
- Blogging Marathon 20, under the theme ‘Chocolate’
- Kid’s Delight : Chocolate
12 thoughts on “No Bake Oatmeal Cookies”
Looks so tempting Ranjani..I love the way it looks all so crispy!
Awesome.. Spl I love no baked version… which is good for everyone
Reading the write up, i got a little scared too.LOL:-)..love these cookies!!!!!
Oh these look wonderful! Are these crisp or chewy? And theoats that you’ve used is the quick cooking variety?
I used Quaker oats, what we get here in supermarkets. These were a bit chewy.
you surely scared me…ha ha …..love your writing skills…so catchy..n loving these cookies..want to grab them right from the screen…how I wish I could!!
Feel like munching some, simply loving it.
Love to grab a few !!!!
Ongoing Event – Coconut
Those cookies look delicious — no bake to boot, so simple and sinful.
wow – no bake cookies…so unique